The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires organisations to be more transparent with individuals about the personal data they hold, why they hold it and what they plan to do with it – which is what this Privacy Notice does.
We can provide you this either in paper or electronic form. We will keep a system record recording when and how we provided you with this Privacy Notice.
TeachWell Ltd. is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. TeachWell Ltd. must process Personal Data (including Sensitive Personal Data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, TeachWell Ltd. acts as a data controller.
For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the following statement.
1. Collection & Use of Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data
TeachWell Ltd. will collect your Personal Data (which may include Sensitive Personal Data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your explicit consent
- A legitimate interest
- A legal obligation placed on TeachWell Ltd., for example by HMRC or by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- A contractual obligation to you, or to enable a contract to be formed with you
1.1. Our Legitimate Interest
As an agency providing work finding services, and you are seeking to use those services, we have a legitimate need to process your data where your data has come to us either;
- as a result of your own direct enquiry with us; or
- by referral through a third party; or
- where that data is available through a job board or comparable platform and where the role you hold or seek is relevant to work we are currently or may in the future undertake
1.2. Sharing Personal Data
TeachWell Ltd. will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients and prospective Clients of our services
- Third party employment service and/ or payroll service providers – only with your explicit consent
- IT system and software providers delivering services to TeachWell Ltd., who may need to view data from time to time to support our business process to deliver work finding services to you
1.3. Statutory Requirements
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are we may be unable to provide you with work finding services.
2. Data Retention
TeachWell Ltd. will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year. We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC.
TeachWell Ltd. will retain your personal data in line with our Data Protection & Retention Policy. Upon expiry of that period we will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the we will cease to process your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data.
3. Your Rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data TeachWell Ltd. processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data TeachWell Ltd. processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to TeachWell Ltd. processing your data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the Company Data Protection Officer (DPO).
4. Questions or Complaints
If you wish to ask a question about data protection, or raise a complaint, please contact:
Nathan Wells - Data Protection Officer
TeachWell Ltd., Enfield House, 43 The Street, Gillingham, Norfolk NR34 0LH
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on
0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.